EADS PZL WARSZAWA-OKECIE SA
Okecie factory founded in 1928; currently occupies 279,373 m2 (3,007,140 sq ft) site with 88,691 m2 (954,660 sq ft) covered area. Responsible for light aircraft development and production, and for design and manufacture of associated agricultural equipment for its own aircraft and those built at other Polish factories; known as PZL Warszawa-Okecie; became public stock company, entirely owned by Ministry of Industry and Trade, on 2 January 1995; by 1 January 2000 had produced 3,777 aircraft since 1945, including 33 in 1995, eight in 1996; 11 in 1997, 20 in 1998 and eight in 1999; workforce in 2002 was over 800. ISO 9001 status was awarded on 3 December 1999.
On 17 October 2001, as part of the contract to supply eight C-295M transports to the Polish Air Force, EADS CASA acquired a 51 per cent holding in EADS PZL. Integration of PZL into EADS is ahead of schedule, and facilities are being refurnished and modernised for new activities. These will include increasing importance as an aerostructures centre and as a supplier of crop-spraying/firefighting aircraft and services. Components for the CASA C-295 and CN-235 transports are already being produced by Okecie, and extensive modernisation of the PZL-130TC-1 Orlik is to be undertaken for the Polish Air Force. Discussions were under way in mid-2003 of a proposal to combine the activities of EADS PZL with those of EADS Socata.
Company continues to develop the PZL-240 Pelikan biplane water bomber project, last reported in the late 1990s.